Research and Career Pathways in the arts
I didn’t get chance to do this section because of the school closures, my teacher being absent because she was self-isolating, and me having to self-isolate. But I did reflect on what I WANTED to do.
- I wanted to do a case study of the directors of American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy and Brad Fulckuk.
- I wanted to do a career map of the directors above
- I wanted to interview someone who works in movie making and I did do some research and came up with some questions
- I was going to write a blog about everything I found out.
The interview Questions I was going to ask:
1. What advice would you give to someone who wishes to be part of your industry?
2. What skills should someone working in your industry possess?
3. Who inspires you?
Questions about experience and background
4. What and where did you study?
5. How long have you worked in this industry?
6. Which has been more valuable – education or experience?
7. What drew you to this field?
8. What are the best and worst job-decisions you have ever made?
9. What is your greatest strength and weakness in your career?
10. What mistakes did you make in your career?
11. What skills have you found that are vital to your job?
Job questions with explanations
12. What would you do differently if you could go back in time?
13. Where do you see this industry in the future?
14. What should I do to improve my own career prospects?