WHAT PRACTICAL ISSUES DO I NEED TO CONSIDER?
- SFX makeup is messy, I need a space to do it where I won’t make a mess
- I need to make sure I don’t get makeup on my clothes
- I need to think about the best way to share the tutorial
- I need to find out what equipment I need and how to get it
- I need to make sure enough people can do the tutorial
- I need to be prepared in case schools close again
WHAT IS THE TIMESCALE FOR THIS PROJECT? WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN WHEN?
I want to finish my leadership project by February half term and I am starting in September so this is my time scale:
September – Write to Bella and ask her about SFX makeup
October – Order the materials that I need and think about what makes a good leader
November – Learn how to use SFX makeup by trying myself and making sure I know all the problems that might come up
December – Take the pictures for the tutorial and write the tutorial
January – Send the tutorial to staff and students
February – Collect information about how people got on and evaluate the project
PROMOTION. HOW WILL I TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS PROJECT?
- On the school website
- I will give the tutorial out on laminated PDFs at school so people can try in their art lessons
- If schools close again, I will ask Selena to send the tutorial out to everyone who is able to access the make up supplies.
- I will publish my tutorial in the school art magazine that is being made
DELIVERY. HOW WILL I INTERACT WITH THE PARTICIPANTS? HOW WILL THE PROJECT PLAY OUT?
If schools are open, I will give out the tutorial for people to do in art lessons and I will do a demo or the tutorial. I will also give feedback to people while they are working and when they finish.
If schools close, I will send the PDF tutorial out to students and staff and everyone who is able to access the school building can have a go. I won’t be able to do a demo video or anything because I can’t access the makeup but I will give feedback to people by email and I will still publish my tutorial in the magazine.
HOW WILL I FIND OUT IF THE PROJECT WAS A SUCCESS?
I will judge the work of the people who take part and see if they did a good job.
I will give out a survey with these questions:
- Did you enjoy following my tutorial? (yes / no)
- Did my tutorial help you to learn how to do SFX makeup? (yes/no)
- How experienced are you at SFX makeup? (Never done it before / I’ve tried it once or twice / I am experienced at SFX makeup)
- Do you think you will practice SFX makeup again? Why / Why not?
- Was my feedback helpful and supportive? (yes / no)
- Would you like to do another tutorial in this subject (yes / no)
- Did my tutorial seem confident? (yes / no)
- Did I communicate well in the tutorial? (yes/no)
- Do you have any more comments on my skills as a leader?
- How good was the tutorial on a scale of 10?
I will ask the people I worked with to comment on my teamwork, communication skills, and ability to delegate. (Melanie, Selena, Helen, Bella, Celine, and the magazine editors)