WHAT PRACTICAL ISSUES DO I NEED TO CONSIDER?
- I need to find someone to judge the competition who is outside of the school. When I started talking to people about this they asked if I would be judging it or if it would be a teacher. I think they think I might just pick whoever I want. When I said it would be a professional photographer, they were more excited to enter.
- I need to research a good prize
- I need to ask for a prize budget
- I need to do a survey to find out what people would like to win
- I need to make posters with instructions to enter
- I need to get a winner from the pro judge
- I need to announce the winners and give out the prize
- I need to make an exhibition for the winners
WHAT IS THE TIMESCALE FOR THIS PROJECT? WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN WHEN?
I need to give out the prizes before the end of the summer term so I made a rough timescale:
Research the prizes and find out what people want: ASAP February / April 2019
Contact a judge: ASAP February / April 2019
Make posters: April / May 2019
Announce the competition: May 2019
Deadline for entries: 17th June 2019
Get the prizes: Before the end of June
Announce the winners: July 2019
PROMOTION. HOW WILL I TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS PROJECT?
I will make posters with all of the instructions.
I will put some of my Bronze award pictures up for inspiration
DELIVERY. HOW WILL I INTERACT WITH THE PARTICIPANTS? HOW WILL THE PROJECT PLAY OUT?
I will do a survey and talk to people about the prize
I will make posters with detailed instructions
I will email a professional photographer
I will remind people to enter and ask teachers to remind people to enter
I will announce the winners at end of term prize giving
HOW WILL I FIND OUT IF THE PROJECT WAS A SUCCESS?
I will ask everyone who takes part some questions about what they thought of the competition and I will judge my own success as I go along and write an evaluation.