Working on the project
We met ten times as a group to discuss the Magazine.
All of the meeting minutes are available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/118irwsMMsJCfr-m2cAzow0vgndIvxinU?usp=sharing
Sue Tyley is a copy editor who has worked with my art taecher Melanie before on a magazine called, the Mechanics’s Institute Review:
When we decided to make a magazine, Sue came to speak to us all in a Zoom meeting. You can see the minutes of this meeting in the minutes folder, it is meeting one.
Sue gave us a planning document to use:
Emails between Sue and Melanie
There was lots to do to make the magazine but I was mostly in charge of the events. I did do some other things though.
I made a glitter hand print for Aidan to use on the front cover
Planning the Launch Party
Here are my plans for the launch:
I made these invites:
Plan for the running of the day
I sat down with Melanie and Fiona to plan for the launch party / prom
|Monday and Tuesday||Print off all the art work and put up the display. I asked Celine to print off all the art work A3 and laminate it. She also made plaques for each student.|
|Wednesday afternoon||Start decorating and ask every available staff member and student to help! We need to blow up balloons, hang decorations. Set up the selfie wall and lay the red carpet. We also need to remind everyone to wear their glam clothes on Thursday Put up the exhibition Delegation! I delegated these tasks: Celine and Helen – Cooking Fiona and Selene – Heads of decorating Fiona – Pouring and handing out drinks on the day Alex – Dressing up as a waiter and serving canapes on the day Melanie – Helping me with the exhibition downstairs and finding a projector Naomi – Music and Kareoke Melanie – Introducting the art exhibiton on the day Cael, Prince, me, Owen and Frankie – performing music and songs. All teachers – Tidying up!|
|Thursday Morning||Finish decorating Start cooking Get changed! Set up Karaoke and amps Set up movie screening|
|12pm||Fan fare announces guests, they walk down the red carpet and get handed fake champagne and canapes|
|12.15||Melanie introduces the art exhibiton and talks a bit about it|
|12.30||Performances from students including karaoke compared by Naomi|
|The rest of the day||Dancing, eating, music, more karaoke, selfies, looking at the exhibit, watching the movie screenings.|
|Friday||Students help with the tidying up.|
Meeting my leadership skills
Being brave enough to talk to others about their ideas
- I asked lots of questions in the meeting with Sue
- I gave students feedback on their submissions
- I talked to staff when organising the party
Taking lots of other people’s opinions on board when planning something
- I asked other students what they thought in our meetings and took their ideas on board for the events
Helping others to connect through art
- People got to display their work at the exhibit and they were all really interested to see each others work
- We were all able to talk to each other because of this project
- I enjoyed showing other students my films at the exhibition
Showcasing the talents of others
- The exhibition and the magazine allowed students to show of their work. Even students who are not doing arts award got to showcase their work.
- I had to find pictures and information and pick the best stuff.